Master of Labor Relations & Human Resources
The principal objective of Cleveland State University's Master of Labor Relations & Human Resources (MLRHR) degree program is to help graduates begin or advance their careers in human resources and labor relations.
The program is designed to accommodate working students, with courses regularly offered during evening hours. While a majority of enrollees are part-time students taking courses in the evening, the program enrolls many full-time students who normally take three to four semesters to complete the degree.
- The Monte Ahuja College of Business is among 5% of business schools worldwide that have earned accreditation from AACSB International in both business and accounting. AACSB Accreditation is considered the hallmark of excellence in management education.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- GMAT or GRE Scores
*Admission to the program is based on a combination of a candidate’s undergraduate GPA and the GMAT/GRE score.
-International students are required to have met at least one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based): 78 & at least 17 in each section
- TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based): 550
- IELTS: 6.0 and at least 5.0 in each section
- PTE (Pearson’s Test of English): 50
- iTEP: 3.8
All applications must be submitted and complete on the following application deadline dates:
- Domestic Students
- International Students
- Fall Semester – May 15th
- Spring Semester - October 15th
- Summer Semester - March 15th
- GAD 501 – Business English
- GAD 502 – Intermediate Business English
- OSM 500 – Mathematical Models for Business
These courses are waived on the basis of GMAT/GRE results (16-19th % Verbal waives GAD 501; 20th % Verbal waives GAD 501 & 502; and 25th % Quantitative waives OSM 500).
- MGT 600 - HRM Metrics & Analytics
- MGT 601 - Managing Human Resources
- MGT 605 - Organizational Development
- MGT 640 - Total Rewards, Compensation & Benefits
- MGT 641 - Staffing & Performance Management
- MGT 651 - Collective Bargaining
- MGT 652 - Human Resource Development
- MGT 661 - Strategic Human Resource Management
Elective Courses (9 credits)
- Students select an additional nine credit hours within the management department to complete the requirements for the degree. Elective course selections must be made with the consent of the student’s program advisor. One elective course must be at the 600 level.
Exit Requirement: PHR Exam
- Students in the MLRHR Program are required to take the PHR practice assessment exam in their last semester of study. This requirement can be waived for students documenting current certification or those taking the actual certification exam. The purpose of this requirement is to help get students ready to take the actual professional designation test to help further their careers.
- The Master of Labor Relations & Human Resources degree prepares students for a career in a wide variety of positions. HR Professionals commonly work as labor relations specialists, people services specialists, human resource department managers, compensation analysts, workforce planners, human resource developers, plan personnel assistants, and more.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: NASA, Sherwin-Williams, The Judge Group, Cuyahoga Community College, Progressive, Aleris, General Dynamics, and Cleveland Clinic.