Business Analytics Graduate Certificate
Cleveland State University's Graduate Certificates in Business Analytics and Advanced Business Analytics are designed to provide students with the statistical and analytical skills needed to pursue a career in big data. As today's companies make larger investments and become even more data driven, advanced analytics and forecasting have become increasingly important.
Both certificates in Business Analytics are taught by qualified graduate faculty and industry leaders, selected for their expertise and related experience. You will develop functional expertise extracting information from a variety of data sources and types, analyzing and interpreting the data, as well as the application of business analytics to formulate organizational strategy and influence decision-making.
- The Monte Ahuja College of Business is among 5% of business schools worldwide that have earned accreditation from AACSB International in both business and accounting. AACSB Accreditation is considered the hallmark of excellence in management education.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
*Graduate students at Cleveland State University do not have to be enrolled within the Monte Ahuja College of Business in order to apply. Graduate Certificates are designed to fit the needs of students or working profesionals who are looking to further their career or supplement their education.
The Graduate Business Analytics Certificate Program requires that current Cleveland State University business and non-business graduate students complete at least one course in statistics at the undergraduate level prior to application. Working professionals with a basic knowledge of statistics and an undergraduate degree may also apply.
Graduate students must be in good standing with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- BUS 575 - Introduction to Business Analytics
- BUS 600 - Applied Business Analytics
- BUS 601 - Managing Database for Business Analytics
- BUS 602 - Strategy for Business Analytics
- BUS 603 - SAS for Data and Statistical Analyses
- BUS 604 - Advanced Business Analytics 1
- BUS 605 - Advanced Business Analytics 2
- BUS 606 - Practicum in Business Analytics
In addition to the courses above, students must select one course from the following list to reach 12/13 credit hours:
- OSM 611 - Applied Business Forecasting
- IST 660 - Data Mining & Business Intelligence
- IST 664 - Business Geographics and GIS
- PSY 611 - Advanced Data Analysis With Computer Applications
- ECN 625 - Time Series Econometrics
- CIS 660 - Data Mining
- STA 521 - Time Series Analysis
- STA 531 - Categorical Data Analysis
- MTH 537 - Operations Research I
*Strategic Business Analytics must be completed prior to pursuing Advanced Business Analytics.
- The rise of big data is making companies turn towards data crunching and analytics to formulate business strategies and plans. Data scientists and analysts and in demand.
- Graduates of this program will be able to: utilize skills developed in this program to extract valuable, actionable insights from data to influence strategy and decision-making, master statistical software tools and pursue highly-valued vendor certification, implement business intelligence solutions using data warehousing and data mining, analyze data for customer acquisition, retention, revenue management, profitability and other business goals, understand and apply principles of information ethics and privacy protection, and compete in the marketplace with confidence and integrity.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: Emerald Resource Group, Moen Incorporated, WebCollage, Key Bank, Progressive, UBICS, and The Federal Reserve Bank.