Data-Based Decision Making Advanced Graduate Certificate
Cleveland State University's Advanced Certificate in Data-Based Decision Making is designed for the administrator, educator, or education-based research specialist who seeks to become an expert in understanding, analyzing, and utilizing the data that presently exist for schools, and ways to collect additional data for both schools and classrooms to improve the quality of education.
Candidates in this program will learn about research methods with the purpose of assessing the quality of education and gathering data, and will learn quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing the data and making data-based decisions. This certificate is particularly appropriate for school administrators, educators who seek to become a data specialist or consultant for K-12 schools, or those interested in education policy. Courses in this certificate are highly compatible with the Master's degree in Educational Research and Assessment.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
4 courses are required, two of which include a choice between two options:
- EDB 701 - Advanced Educational Research or
- EDB 572 - Statistics for Health and Human Services
- EDB 574 - Data-Driven Classroom Instruction or
- EDB 575 - Data-Based Decision Making and Differentiation
- EDB 704 - Interpreting Student Performance Data
- EDB 711 - Educational Evaluation & Innovation
Did You Know?
Ohio is one of the top five states for educational administrative positions.
Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Data-based decision making is at the forefront of school reform. School leaders are expected to monitor the progress of schools, classes, and even teachers using a wide range of data. This certificate will give you expertise in analyzing and using that data to make the most effective decisions.
- This certificate is particularly appropriate for school administrators, educators who seek to become a data specialist or consultant for K-12 schools, or those interested in education policy.
- These are some of the local institutions that are hiring CSU grads: Cleveland Heights School District, Cleveland Metro Schools, Summit Academy Schools, Constellation Schools, and Cleveland Metropolitan School District.