Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Graduate Certificate
The goal of Cleveland State University's Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Graduate Certificate program is to prepare students for careers in various areas of accounting, finance, and corporate governance which are currently in high demand from organizations in every profit and non-profit sector. A Certificate in Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) will complement and enhance the skills of all student majors in the College of Business.
The Certificate in GRC is designed to provide opportunities for students by enhancing their fundamental knowledge of the skills that are in demand from the accounting and risk management professions. These skills will complement the major coursework taken by students who have focused on many areas, especially Accounting, Internal Auditing, Finance, and Information Systems as well as students in Criminal Justice and law related fields.
- The Monte Ahuja College of Business is among 5% of business schools worldwide that have earned accreditation from AACSB International in both business and accounting. AACSB Accreditation is considered the hallmark of excellence in management education.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Cleveland State University business and non-business graduate students must complete at least one course in financial accounting at the undergraduate or graduate level. Working professionals with a basic knowledge of accounting and an undergraduate degree may also apply.
- ACT 501 - Financial Accounting
- OSM 503 - Statistical Methods for Business Decisions
- ACT 555 - Internal Auditing
- ACT 565 - Fraud Examination
- Choose two of the following courses:
- ACT 553 - Information Systems Auditing
- ACT 575 - Accounting Analytics
- ACT 632 - Governance, Risk and Compliance
- ACT 690 - Professional Internship
- IST 675 - IT Governance
Did You Know?
Sixty-five percent of C-suite executives believe their cybersecurity plans are well established, but only 17 percent meet the criteria of preparedness and capability.
- This program is designed to enhance the skillset of those in the accounting and risk management professions. This program is beneficial for workers in the accounting, internal auditing, finance, information systems, criminal justice, and other law fields.
- Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance can be implemented in any organization that wants to align its business goals with IT activities, adhere to compliance regulations, and manage risk effectively.
- Many job roles require or benefit from GRC certification, including security engineers, security architects, information program mangers, IT auditors, CIOs, IT security analysts, and more.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: PwC, Toptal, Electronic Merchant Systems, Cleveland Clinic, PNC, KeyBank, The MetroHealth System, and Eaton Corporation.