Healthcare Informatics Graduate Certificate
Cleveland State University's Healthcare Informatics graduate certificate seems to help students develop the expertise to integrate computing and information science with biomedical information and knowledge, thereby addressing the interface between healthcare information and computing. They can identify/design research designs for healthcare outcomes, apply various statistical methods, and describe strengths and weaknesses of various quantitative and qualitative methods.
Tools and techniques from a number of disciplines are brought together to help in this management process. Disciplines contributing to healthcare informatics computer and information science, statistics, health sciences, health management, and engineering.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
This certificate program complements the knowledge-base of a degree seeking graduate student already enrolled in a program such as Computer Science, Health Science, Healthcare Management, and Social Science, including Psychology and other related areas.
At least 18 credit hours from courses listed below are required for the completion of the certificate. Based on the student’s background, a minimum of two courses from each of the listed areas must be chosen. However, this restriction can be relaxed based on the student’s background and the concurrence of the program advisory group.
Computer & Information Science
- CIS 667 - Bioinformatics
- IST 600 - Fundamentals of System Development
- IST 603 - Systems Analysis Methods
- IST 604 - Modern Database Design & Implementation
- OSM 622 - Project Management
- HSC 503 - Research & Analysis
- STA 567 - Applied Regression Models
- OSM 503 - Statistical Methods For Business Decisions
- OSM 633 - Multivariate Statistical Methods
- PSY 511 - Univariate Statistics and Experimental Methodology
- PSY 611 - Advanced Data Analysis With Computer Applications
Health Sciences & Management
- HCA 515 - Medical Care Organization
- HCA 625 - Health Informatics for Managers
- HSC 501 - Issues in Health Science
- HSC 533 - Program Development & Evaluation
- A professional with healthcare informatics certificate can find career opportunities in more than 350 identified biotechnology companies in Ohio.
- This expertise is also in demand in hospital and healthcare institutions.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: Cerner, Cleveland Clinic, MetroHealth System, Endeavor Executive Agency, Oak Street Health, Amgen, and Kelly Services.