Master of Business Administration
Cleveland State University’s MBA program is designed to help you succeed in a management position, no matter if you’re looking to start your business career or take it to the next level. Our world-class faculty is ready to lead you through a practical, hands-on education with real-world problem solving.
This program first builds a strong foundation across the basic business principles. You’ll develop personal and professional connections with fellow students and professors while pursuing core business knowledge. The next level of functional and integrative classes serves to further advance your understanding of business concepts and prepare you for an exciting professional career. You’ll complete your education with elective classes in interdisciplinary fields or focus in a specific area. Concentrations are available in accounting, business analytics, finance, information systems, management, marketing, and operations and supply chain management.
- The Monte Ahuja College of Business is among 5% of business schools worldwide that have earned accreditation from AACSB International in both business and accounting. AACSB Accreditation is considered the hallmark of excellence in management education.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- GMAT or GRE Scores (In some cases, the GMAT or GRE scores may be waived)
*Admission to the program is based on a combination of a candidate’s undergraduate GPA and the GMAT/GRE score.
*International students are required to have met at least one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based): 78 with at least 17 in each section
- TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based): 550
- IELTS: 6.0 with at least 5.0 in each section
- PTE (Pearson’s Test of English): 50
- iTEP: 3.8
All applications must be submitted and complete on the following application deadline dates:
- Domestic Students
- International Students
- Fall Semester – May 15th
- Spring Semester - October 15th
- Summer Semester - March 15th
- GAD 501 – Business English
- GAD 502 – Intermediate Business English
- OSM 500 – Mathematical Models for Business
*These courses are waived on the basis of GMAT/GRE results (16-19th % Verbal waives GAD 501; 20th % Verbal waives GAD 501 & 502; and 25th % Quantitative waives OSM 500).
- ACT 501 – Financial Accounting
- ECN 503 – Economic Concepts
- FIN 501 – Financial Management
- GAD 515 – Communications for Managers
- MBA 500 – Environment of Business
- MGT 501 – Management and Organizational Behavior
- MKT 501 – Marketing Theory & Practice
- OSM 503 – Statistical Methods for Business Decisions
- OSM 511 – Operations Management
*These are waivable on the basis of recent undergraduate business coursework.
Group A Functional Core
- ACT 600 – Managerial Accounting
- FIN 601 – Financial Policies
- MKT 601 – Marketing Management
- MGT 601 – Human Resources Management & Labor Relations
Group B Integrative Core
- MBA 600 – Team Dynamics
- MBA 602 – International Business
- MBA 603 - Management of Innovation & Technology
- MBA 660 – Integrative Business Strategy
*Completion of Level 1 & 2 requirements and Group A Functional courses in Level 3 must be completed prior to enrollment
Group C Electives
- Business Elective (500 or 600 level)
- Business Elective (600 level)
- Business Elective (600 level)
NOTE: Internships and Independent Study can be applied as an Elective
Did You Know?
There are over 2,000 companies in the U.S. in which a CSU graduate has risen to the level of executive management.
- Graduates are working in a diverse range of fields and professions across the business world including consulting, marketing, business development, sales, operations and supply chain management, human resources, and more.
- Depending on their specialization, graduates commonly find job positions in the following: marketing analyst, sales manager, consultant, brand specialist, logistics specialist, marketing manager, and more.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: Cleveland Clinic, Parker Hannifin, American Greetings, Cavaliers Holding, Cleveland Indians, Sherwin Williams, Majestic Steel, IPS, Lubrizol, AirGas, and Nestle.