Master of Education in Health Professions Education
Cleveland State University's master's degree in Health Professions Education offers an organized, rigorous, and comprehensive approach to developing skills necessary for the medical and health professions education leader. Since health care continues to grow in size and importance in our economy, so does the demand for well trained and effective health professionals; thus, we must find ways to improve how we organize and prepare health care professionals. The program is designed for physicians, nurses and other medical, health and clinical educators, and all health sciences professions and is currently offered in partnership with the Lerner College of Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic.
The focus of this degree is on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to educate adults who are physicians, nurses, and other medical and health educators. This degree provides the needed knowledge and skills essential for educators in the health professions to develop expertise in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of education for medical and health professionals.
- Application Form
- $40 Application Fee
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- For all college M.Ed. programs that do not lead to a teaching license through the Ohio Department of Education, candidates must satisfy one of the following:
- Undergraduate cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.75 (3.0 if the baccalaureate degree is more than six years old at the time of application)OR
- Completion of twelve or more semester credits of Cleveland State graduate coursework (including EDB 601 or HPR 601) AND received a grade of B- or better in EDB 601 or HPR 601 with a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 and grades of B or better in the other courses OR
- A score at the 50th percentile on the Miller Analogies Test or on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of Graduate Record Examination
-International students are required to have met at least one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based): 78 (including at least 20 in reading, 21 in listening, 17 in writing, and 20 in speaking)
- TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based): 550
- IELTS: 6.0 and at least 5.0 in each section
- PTE (Pearson’s Test of English): 50 iTEP: 5.0
All applications must be submitted and complete on the following application deadline dates:
- Domestic Students
- International Students
- Fall Semester - July 21st
- Spring Semester - December 10th
- Summer Semester - April 14th
- EDB 601 - Educational Research
- ALD 605 - Adult Learning & Development Theories and Practice
- Health Professional Education Elective (3 credits)
- ALD 510 - Learner Assessment in Health Professions Education
- ALD 511 - Educational Technology in Health Professions
- ALD 545 - Program Evaluation
- ALD 663 - Planning Programs for Adult Learners
- ALD 664 - Teaching Methods for Adult Learners
- ALD 588 - Health Professions Education Capstone Portfolio Seminar I
- ALD 589 - Health Professions Education Capstone Portfolio Seminar II
- The program is designed for physicians, nurses and other medical, health and clinical educators.
- This master’s degree program is designed to help you enhance your skills in: adult learning, curriculum design and instruction, learner assessment, program evaluation, and educational scholarship.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: Kindred at Home, Cuyahoga Community College, University Hospitals, Cleveland Clinic, ConsignMed, Maxim Healthcare Services, and Adtalem Global Education.