Master of Legal Studies in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
Cleveland State University's Master of Legal Studies (MLS) graduate degree offers an exciting opportunity to enhance your career credentials by gaining applied legal knowledge without obtaining a law degree, sitting for the bar or practicing law.
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law has introduced an innovative, fully online Master of Legal Studies in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy, which takes an integrative approach to education, preparing professionals to understand the technical and business dimensions of cybersecurity and privacy as well as providing the skills necessary to navigate the associated laws, regulations and legal issues.
This flexible online MLS program is led by faculty from the Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, and other leading practitioners in the field, with relevant, real-world experience.
- A completed online application.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A personal essay describing how you expect to use your MLS degree.
- An official transcript(s) showing that you earned a bachelor’s degree, plus an official transcript from any other institution from which you received a degree. A certified translation must be attached if a transcript is not in English.*
- If English is not your first language, an official TOEFL score report(s) sent directly from ETC.*
- At the discretion of the admissions committee, applicants with a final undergraduate grade point average under 3.0 may be asked to submit one standardized test score, such as the LSAT, GRE or GMAT.*
*Applicants should contact the institution(s) from which they earned their degree(s) to request that official transcripts (or TOEFL or other test scores, if required) be forwarded directly from the institution or testing organization to:
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Online Graduate Law Programs
Attn: Julie DiBiasio
2121 Euclid Avenue, LB138
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2214
To apply for the online Master of Legal Studies (MLS) Program, visit our online application system. Also, by filling in a few boxes and with a few easy clicks, you will have everything you need to apply to our program. We can’t wait to assist you in your application process.
- Introduction to American Law
- Cybersecurity I
- Legal Writing, Research and Advocacy
- Cybersecurity II
- Corporate Compliance I
- HIPAA and Privacy
- Privacy Law and Management
- Corporate Compliance II
- Cybersecurity Risk Assessment and Compliance
The increasing number and sophistication of cyber attacks on organizations of all sizes combined with a complex array of data security and privacy regulations have made cybersecurity and privacy among the most critical areas for every business. This degree program will enable you to:
- Understand the legal, business and technical aspects of data security and privacy.
- Apply the major data security and privacy legal frameworks to organizations across sectors.
- Learn to assess compliance with major data security and privacy regulatory requirements.