Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Business Administration
Cleveland State University's MSN/MBA is a dual-degree program offered by the Monte Ahuja College of Business Administration and the School of Nursing. This joint program prepares Registered Nurses for a career in healthcare management and leadership. In keeping with the rules and regulations of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, the program does not prepare nurse practitioners or clinical nurse specialists; graduates are not eligible to apply for a certificate of authority in the State of Ohio.
The School of Nursing is a member of the Council of Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Programs, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The graduate program in Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The graduate business programs of the Monte Ahuja College of Business are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- Minimum 3.00 Undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing
- Personal Essay
- Submission of a 3-5 page typed essay explaining why the applicant wants to earn an MSN/MBA; how such a graduate degree fulfills the applicant's personal and professional goals; and the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and competencies that the applicant hopes to develop during the education process
- An active license as a Registered Nurse in the applicant's U.S. state of residence
- GMAT or GRE Scores
-International students are required to have met at least one of the following English language proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based): 78 (including at least 20 in reading, 21 in listening, 17 in writing, and 20 in speaking)
- TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based): 550
- IELTS: 6.0 and at least 5.0 in each section
- PTE (Pearson’s Test of English): 50
- iTEP: 5.0
All applications must be submitted and complete on the following application deadline dates:
- Domestic Students
- International Students
- Fall Semester – March 1st
- NUR 503 - Evidence-Based Practice
- NUR 505 - Introduction to Demography & Epidemiology: A Nursing Perspective
- NUR 506 - Theoretical Foundations of Population Health
- NUR 508 - Advanced Assessment, Pathphysiology, and Pharmacology
- NUR 600 - Information Systems in Healthcare
- NUR 602 - Health Care Policy
- NUR 605 - Population Assessment & Intervention
- NUR 606 - Capstone Practicum
- ACT 501 - Financial Accounting
- ACT 600 - Managerial Accounting
- ECN 503 - Economic Concepts
- FIN 501 - Financial Management
- GAD 515 - Communication for Managers
- HCA 601 - Financial Policies
- HCA 640 - Health Care Law and Ethics
- HCA 660 - Integrative Business Strategy
- MBA 600 - Team Dynamics
- MBA 602 - International Business
- MBA 603 - Management of Innovation and Technology
- MKT 501 - Marketing Management
- MKT 601 - Marketing Strategy
- OSM 511 - Operations Management
- Ethics elective (3 credits)
- As a dual degree, the MBA program will accept nine hours of core MSN courses as elective credit, and the MSN program will accept ten hours of core MBA courses as elective credit.
- Coursework focuses on developing advanced knowledge, competencies, and skills in the care of populations and lays a foundation for the nurse's growth into a competent business manager.
- Graduates are prepared to utilize skills in demography, epidemiological assessment and data analysis, research and evaluation, data projections, cost-benefit analysis, and the application of nursing and business theories and ethics in the design, implementation, management, and evaluation of health programs, departments, and facilities.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: Getinge, Medical Mutual, University Hospitals, Cleveland Clinic, Clinical Management Consultants, Change Healthcare, Bank of America, and The MetroHealth System.