Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Graduate Certificate
Cleveland State University's graduate certificate program in TESOL is primarily designed for individuals who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to teach English as a second language in non-public school settings. International students and those interested in teaching English abroad also benefit from the program. The curriculum provides for an in-depth study of current theory, research, and practice, as they relate to teaching English as a second or foreign language.
The course work can be used to partially fulfill teacher licensure requirements for TESOL endorsement in the State of Ohio. Completion of this certificate program by itself does not provide for this credential.
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- EDL 506 - Second Language Learning & Pedagogy
- EDL 507 - TESOL Methods and Materials
- EDL 508 - Applied Linguistics for Teachers
- EDL 509 - Assessment and Evaluation in the ESL/Bilingual Classroom
- EDL 510 - Pedagogical Grammar
- This certificate is primarily designed to provide prospective and current teachers with the knowledge, skills, and techniques to teach English as a second language in non-public school settings in the United States.
- This certificate is also a great way for individuals to start on a career teaching English abroad.
- These are some of the local companies that are hiring CSU grads: ELS Educational Services, Cuyahoga Community College, Berlitz Corporation, PSI Solutions, and Oxford Seminars.